Hi and welcome, everyone! Lisa from The Relativity of Paper and I'm bringing you the CDD Daily Post today. First, I want to start by telling you that my inspiration for this card comes from Angry Birds. I guess this is my take on a Christmas-themed Angry Bird. Only one problem, this Lil' guy is way too cute to be angry! He is naughty, though. I love the Owl-idays Stamp Set from Craftin Desert Divas, too much cuteness.
I say it every time; this card is simple to create. A little die-cutting, stamping and coloring. And I always say let your paper do the work for you especially for backgrounds. I admit once in a blue moon I can create a watercolor background that I'm happy with and I sincerely wish I could knock them out every time but the fact is, I can't! So I rely heavily on patterned paper to do the work for me.
- 4.25"x 5.5" card base - 8.5" x 11" #110 cardstock scored at 5.5" and cut at 4.25" to create to top fold card bases
- Cut red/white patterned paper to 4.125 x 5.375
- Die-cut blue snowflake patterned paper using Fancy Frame Dies
- Die-cut snow using Stitched Scalloped Dies; ink the edge of one with Tumbled Glass Distress InkUsing the SVG Outlines for Owl-idays, Santa's Helpers and Build A Scene cut the owl, lights, branch, and presents using your electronic cutting machine. Silhouette Cameo
- Using the Mini Misti stamp images and sentiment on X-Press Blend It Cardstock
- Color using COPIC Markers
- Adhere red & white patterned paper to card base, layer blue snowflake patterned paper, add die-cut elements *see above photo using 3D mounting foam on branch and snow
- Add adhesive to owl and presents attach to card
- Finish off with sequins